Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Day One

Well thank you Chris for telling me to start a blog. And it was relatively easy....so now...what to write about. Well....how about I write about my weekend for starters-

I went to the Peels Hair show in Council Bluffs this weekend and got a TON of great information. I saw a lot of awesome new haircuts and even ended up trying one out on myself yesterday when I got done with supper. I tried out a 50s style bob but funked it up just a little because smooth hair on me makes me look rediculous. I actually ended up making it a 50s bob with a little 70s mod style as well. And with my blue hair, I look like my electric yellow mod wig that I always had kept from Halloween to wear to Widespread Panic concerts.

Got a ton of things for my salon this weekend at the show: A new Shellac UV lamp, 6 more Shellac polishes, product, Pedicure area and manicure station, more fingernail polish (like I need more, but I grabbed 12 more colors...) capes, aprons, and got a good feel for what kind of products I want to use in my salon. Currently I am using Sebastian products, but as I get more into having a salon, I may switch to using Surface Hair products as I love their ingredient base and how natural they are...but DANG are they expensive! Sebastian products are wonderful and expensive too....so we'll stick with them for now.

So.....as you can see....on my blog I am going to try and post a few different things. I will have polls with rediculous questions, or polls that actually see what people might want to learn about with hair and nails so I can feed in replies that way. Who knows. And I will always have videos of my children linked to the left of my page so people can see how rediculous I am with my kids. I need to get a feel for this blogging. Not many people want to read about complete nonsense...and I sure have a LOT of it stored away in this little head of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment